Monday 26 March 2018

LETS CREATE WITH STENCILS

Hello to all!!!

This is Anita Kejriwal here and today I have a super cute post for you !! Its all about stencils. I love working with stencils as they give me quick and beautiful projects in no time. One craft supply that is completely hassle free and that is stencils.
Use them with inks. texture paste, gesso and sprays, they give unique results each time.

Dress My Craft has a wonderful range of stencils that are perfect for mixed media, card making or any sort of paper crafting projects.
The size being A4 is just too good for larger projects and the quality is so good, that just one swpie with tissues, and it becomes super clean. Believe me!!! You will be too happy to have them on your table.

Recently, some new stencils had been added to the selection and I loved these designs, esp the stripes and hearts.

You can find the stencils here.

I have used these stencils here to create my projects.

                                                                     Vintage Hearts

                                                             Descending Stripes

                                         Cards an Envelopes using Dress My craft Stencils

Envelopes


 This baby boy blue envelope has a stencilled background and gives a lovely background for the projects. I have scored the stencilled background to add more texture. Combined with a dainty lace and embellishments , the envelope looks very pretty. I have used motifs from the precious baby boy motif sheets.
To make the stencil strip, Simply place your stencil on the required paper strip. Secure with washi tape to hold it firmly in place. Use inks of your choice to create the design. I have used Distress Oxide Ink  Salty Ocean. After stencilling, I added score lines at 1/8 " interval on my scoring board.



  Same method as above with a Pink Baby Girl Money Wrap



Here are a few cards using the Descending Stencil .
I had so much fun creating these. Apart from the normal stripes,  I have gone one step ahead and have created plaid background for my card. So if you have short of plaid papers, here is a quick and easy method using stencils.

  For this card, I have used my most favourite Rub-a-Dub stamp from Lawn Fawn. And the background looks so amazing . I have used distress oxide ink to create the broad stripes  by placing the stencil first horizontally and then vertically. The fine lines in between has been drawn with copics. You can used any marker of your choice.

     Here I have created a diagonal plaid background


  Do you love the soft shabby look of this card!!! The vintage hearts stencil gives a very soft shabby background for such bright floral card. Convert this into a money wrap or even a scrapbook page.

Here are the products that I have used for the projects.

Stencil -Descending Stripes
Stencil-Vintage Hearts
Precious Baby Boy Motif
Precious Baby Boy paper pack
Charming girl paper pack
Charming Girl motif sheet
Water Droplets
Flower with Pearl
Ribbon bow-Baby Blue
Micro Mini Pearl beads
Rainbow Glitter
Crystal clear Sequins
Curved Rose Blue 35mm
3.5 inch Acrylic block

Button and pearl from stash
Staedler water colour pencils

Other products from Crafters Corner
Flourish 13 die
Rub a dub-dub stamp
Rub -a dub-dub die
Curled Ribbons Die
Classic Ovals die
Stitched Circle dies
Distress Oxide ink-salty ocean
Distress Oxide ink-Picked Rasberry
Green Tea Ink
Beautiful Day stamp
Mini ink blending tool
Mini Foam pads
Words for friends die

So All you have to do now is to visit the store and get all the things that will help you to create these amazing projects. You can check out all the products at the store.

Do leave your comments and queries. I would be really happy to see them. Have a great time and thanks for your valuable time. Happy Crafting !!!

1 comment: